Monday, May 30, 2011

The smell of books

I have to admit, as much as I am a convert to reading on my iPhone (even more so than my iPad), I do miss the sensory response I have to books when I am in a bookstore, browsing through the pages of a newly discovered novel. Could this be the way to relive that experience?

This news published in The Independent: According to the German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ), Lagerfeld - who is known for his love of books and says he stocks more than 300,000 of them in his famous personal library - is already working on the fragrance with his publisher of choice, Steidl, which distributes most of the designer's photography books.



And he is not the only one! Demeter's Paperback, Zadig & Voltaire's Tome 1, and Hammam Bouquet by Penhaligons all try to replicate the smell of paper and ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment