Monday, May 30, 2011

The People of the Book

Next I am on to reading (for my book club) The People of the Book by Pulitzer Prize-winning Australian author Geraldine Brooks.

So far The People of the Book is an excellent read, beautifully written using simple but evocative writing style. If I continue to enjoy it as I am now (and I am sure I will), then I will be very keen to go and read her other work.



This book was reviewed in 2008 by the ABC's First Tuesday Book Club. Find out more about what they said here. Or visit the above link to Geraldine Brooks' website featuring loads of information and backrgound.

Note on availability: this is unavailable in Australia as an ebook. In fact, the only available ebook by this author is her latest, Caleb's Crossing. Not March, for which she one the Pulitzer Prize, nor her other international bestsellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment