Monday, November 8, 2010

Nathan Bransford

I have been a big fan of Nathan Bransford's daily blogs for some time. As an agent with Curtis Brown in the US, and an author in his own right, his entries are entertaining, insightful and really useful for all those budding writers out there. And his Friday wrap-up of the world of publishing's weekly events is my favourite.

So I was, along with everyone else, pretty surprised when Nathan announced a career change.
He's off to work at CNet. His award-winning blog and social media success have taken him down a new read. His decision to leave behind an industry that clearly means a lot to him really resonated with me -- I did a similar thing three months ago. It was a bold and reckless step, a very difficult choice, but ultimately one that paid off for me. And so I admire that he is taking his social media experience to a new career, and wish him well with it. I will still be following his blog, and I hope that, along with his new insights and advice, he continues on to ponder online the world of books and reading. As an author, I am sure he will.

In adding the link to his blog, I note that already it has a new look for a new life!

No comments:

Post a Comment